We will be singing O Canada
About Bomber Diversity
- The game is going to highlight the Bombers' commitment to diversity
- They will be highlighting the "You can Play" initiative that was started by a few NHL players and has spread to the NFL, CFL and other sports leagues. This focusses on respecting and encouraging involvement of LGBTQ players in sports
- The stadium will be flying the Pride flag
- There will be members of Winnipeg Pride Festival who will be honoured with awards
- We will be singing!
Information for Saturday
Arrive at the Loading Dock (Map attached) so that we can begin our sound check at 11:15. We will be off the field by noon.
We will have a dressing room near the Loading Dock area to store your belongings.
Please be back at the stadium by 1:45 in the Loading Dock area so we are ready to receive instructions by the Bomber staff.
The game starts and we sing at 3:07.
The contact person from the Bombers is trying to arrange for us to have access to their parking lot. It is about a 5-minute walk from the lot to the Loading Dock, so please allow walking time when arriving. Once I confirm that with her, I will be sending out more detailed instructions about where the lot is. I will also send out a printable pass for you to put on your dashboard when parking in that lot.
Once we arrive for soundcheck on Saturday, you will all receive two tickets to the game. You may stay and invite someone to come with you or give your tickets to friends or family.
- Please wear a slightly dressy (no zip-ups or hoodies) sweater or cardigan of a solid colour.
- Please wear black pants - if you don't own any, please wear the darkest ones you own. You should all have, though because that's what we wear for our concerts!
- No heels allowed on the field. Wedges are OK. Please do not wear runners- dressy dark shoes are best.
- You may wear a scarf, but please make sure it is solid and doesn't have a huge logo on it. A Bomber scarf is OK!
- We will be on the field for approximately 90 seconds, so we won't be wearing coats- wear a warm sweater and layer underneath if needed!