Rainbow Harmony Project (RHP) is an inclusive group of diverse individuals from all shades of the rainbow and beyond, who share a passion and enjoyment of singing. The choir is open to all who wish to add their voices to ours. To ensure that this is an enjoyable experience for everyone there are a few items to note.
Notes for all potential members
Discrimination/Harassment and Inclusion
RHP strives to create a space that is inclusive to all and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. Any confirmed demonstrated form of discrimination or harassment of choir members or board members will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate removal. Any and all occurrences where someone has felt that they have been discriminated against or harassed should be brought to the immediate attention of a board member for investigation.
Scent Free Zone
All practices and performances are scent-free to ensure that those members who have allergies or reactions to scents have a space where they can lend their voices and talents to the continuous development of the choir.
Membership in The Rainbow Harmony Project (RHP) is open to anyone who:
- Supports the objectives of RHP;
- Complies with the By-Laws of RHP and the policies set by the Board of Directors (a copy of the By-Laws is available here);
- Has paid all dues and fees as set by the Board of Directors;
- Contributes to the achievement of the objectives and participates in the activities of RHP according to their abilities;
- Agrees to the non-discrimination/non-harassment as defined above;
- Agrees to maintaining a scent-free zone as defined above;
- Participates, where able to any choreography that is defined for performances
Membership Terms and Conditions
- Rainbow Harmony Project (RHP) is a voluntary, not-for-profit community chorus that provides an opportunity for gay, lesbian, and transgender (GLBT) persons and their supporters to sing together
- Members pay an annual membership fee to RHP, with the option to pay in two equal instalments. Failure to make payments by the due dates may result in suspension of membership.
- All sheet music provided is on loan to RHP from various community organizations including the Manitoba Choral Association, and must be returned upon request.
- Sheet music may be marked with a pencil, not with ink or highlighter.
- Members are expected to attend all rehearsals and strongly encouraged to attendsectionals and extra rehearsals. If a significant number of rehearsals are missed, the member may, at the discretion of the Director, be asked to refrain from participating in performances. Excessive absenteeism may result in the loss of membership.
- Failure to meet the above commitments will result in member being classified as “not in good standing” with the removal of voting rights and possible removal from the choir.
Energy Exchange Program
Rainbow Harmony Project strives to ensure all persons interested in joining us, have the opportunity to do so, without financial limitation. Financial assistance with membership dues may be available upon request. For more information, contact, by email or in person, the president or vice-president of the Board to discuss the Energy Exchange Program.
Online Registration Form
Payment online or by cheque or cash
Full Season: $150
Per Session: $75 (Fall or Winter/Spring)
For more information email: email@example.com